When you engage or list with an agent you are employing them to help you to sell your property. The agent should always act in your best interests and engage in good business practices.
You can generally expect the agent to:
- Give an estimated selling price for your property
- Advise on a method of sale
- Advertise and market the property, and provide a marketing plan
- Organise and attend open house and other inspections
- Attract prospective buyers
- Communicate offers
- Organise an auction if this is the preferred method of sale and in some cases conduct the auction or engage an auctioneer to do this on his/her behalf
- Prepare and arrange the signing of the contract.
The agent must also give you details of recent sales of similar properties and any other information that the agent will use in working out their estimate of the selling price.